Both Denmark and Finland have a similar system as we have in Sweden. You have to apply for membership in the a-kassa yourself immediately you start working.

Apply directly for membership in a Danish or Finnish a-kassa when you start working in Denmark or Finland. If you still live in Sweden and later become unemployed, you otherwise risk not receiving income-related benefits from us.

Continue to be a member of Akademikernas a-kassa until the date your membership in the Danish or Finnish a-kassa begins. Do not miss paying the fee to us so that there is no gap between the insurance periods.

List of the Danish unemployment funds

List of Finnish unemployment funds