Your membership

Everyone working in Sweden who has a general work permit* is covered by unemployment insurance at a basic level and have the right to apply for a limited compensation if unemployed. Members of an unemployment fund however, can receive up to 80 percent of their previous salary when between two jobs.

Both self-employed and employees can join us - it is your education level that counts.

Membership application (BankID)

What does it cost?

The fee is SEK 130 a month. The fee is the same for everyone. We can keep it low is because we have many members and a low unemployment rate amongst the members.

Who can join?

Everyone who has worked has the right to join an a-kassa. Akademikernas a-kassa is the only a-kassa for everyone who has 150 university credits or more - at least a bachelors degree. If you are currently studying with the aim of 180 university credits, you are welcome to join us straight away.

More about who can apply

Join us

How much do I get?

It depends on how long you have been and how much you earned. The maximum benefit that is paid out is SEK 1,200 per day before tax.

More about the benefits

Join the union too! (But don't forget us. Without a-kassa - no additional income insurance)

No Swedish Personal ID number?

  • If you have a co-ordination number (samordningsnummer) you can use the online application.
  • If you don't have a BankID you can use this online application
  • If you have neither a personal number nor a co-ordination number you can use this application form. You can e-mail it to

Membership application (no BankID)

*If you have any questions regarding your work permit, please contact Migrationsverket.

Cancel your membership?

If you no longer want to be a member with you have to cancel your membership in writing - fill in this form (in Swedish)


Inlägg från vårt forum

In English