I will study full-time abroad

If you study full-time abroad, you must continue to be part of the a-kassa. If you need to apply for benefits when you return, you can count on the work you had before full-time studies.

I will study part-time abroad

If you study part-time abroad for longer than 6 months, you can cancel your membership in the a-kassa. Contact us and we will look into your case.

I am going to do a doctorate/post-doc abroad

Getting a doctorate or doing a postdoc is equated with full-time studies if you only receive a scholarship. You must then continue your membership in Akademikernas a-kassa. When you come back to Sweden, we can count on the work you had before your stay abroad. If you receive a salary, you must cancel your membership with us.