If you have been working actively in your own business during the last twelve months and you are now unemployed, your business may qualify as idle. This means that your company can remain registered with Skatteverket or Bolagsverket as long as you guarantee that neither you nor anyone else is active in the company during your unemployment.

We need these documents

If you have run your own business, you are entitled to unemployment benefit only when you are no longer working, own or have significant influence over a company. You need to either be completely separated from the company, or the company needs to be idle without anyone carrying out any work in it.

If you have separated from the company or if all business have ended due to a sale or bankruptcy, you need to send us the following information:

  • Fill in the form Frågor för företagare in Mina sidor.
  • Send the form Inkomst från egen verksamhet to Skatteverket.
  • If your company has been deregistered with Bolagsverket, we need a copy of the certificate.
  • Send us a copy of the statement from Skatteverket that F-skatt and VAT have been withdrawn.
  • If your company has been sold, you need to send us a copy of the sales contract.
  • If your company has had a lease contract, you need to send us a copy of the termination of the lease contract.
  • If you have been a board member, you need to send us a copy from Bolagsverket, stating that you have resigned from the Board of Directors.

Do you have a company that is not active?

If you are involved in a company only formally and do not work in it, the company might not affect your right to unemployment benefit. However, it is still very important that you inform us about the company when you are applying for unemployment benefit.
If you have registered a company but not initiated activity in it, or if you have a company where you have not been active for several years, please inform us in writing.

Self-employed and employed?

If you have combined employement and self-employment please contact us for more information.

Forms in English