Why a-kassa?

Foreigners face a unique set of hurdles in the Swedish job market, but few understand how unemployment insurance can help. Everyone working in Sweden is covered by unemployment insurance at a basic level and have the right to apply for a limited compensation if unemployed. Members of an unemployment fund however, can receive up to 80 percent of their previous salary when between two jobs.

Join us now!

60 hours and 6 months

To receive unemployment benefit you must have worked at least 60 hours a month for six months (or more) before your unemployment. Shorter contracts and employments by the hour also count.

More about terms and conditions

Benefit based on your salary

In order to receive benefit based on your previous salary you also need to have been a member of an unemployment fund during at least twelve months when you become unemployed. If you are not a member, or if you have been a member for less than twelve months you can be eligible for a lower benefit, based on the amount of hours you have been working.

More about the benefit

Join us now!

The only requirements to join Akademikernas a-kassa are that you have a Bachelor's degree and have been working in Sweden. There are also som academic occupations that qualify for membership.

Don't have a degree?

If you don’t have a University degree there are a number of other unemployment funds to choose from. Check which one suits you at hejakassa.se 

Want to know more?

Join an unemployment fund as soon as you start working in Sweden! For questions, please contact us at 08-412 33 00 or send us an e-mail.